Wednesday, October 28, 2009

10 minutes till closing


Ok. So I've been stalling to make meaningful, thought provoking posts - crafted with witty phrases and sarcastic undertones too cool for school. Instead, it has evolved into blank procrastination.

I've decided to give myself a time limit. It's 10 minutes till closing at the office and I'm not about to do anymore work. Sorry Pam. I don't even know what I want to write about but I'm just going to keep typing till a subject comes to mind.

OK. NEW YORK CITY. I just came back from New York two nights ago and (this is good.. part of the reason for blogging is so that memories lose their fleeting abilities. Gotta catch 'em all. Pocket memories.... last minute cheese is always the best)

So New York. Rewind about a month ago and an email chain between my New Zealand study abroad flatmates resulted in agreeing to a reunion at Jurawa's place in Brooklyn. We all booked our flights and from all corners of the US we flew into the city - Joey from Oregon, Matt from Minnesota, Me from Southern California, JJ from Utah to meet Jurawa NY transplant from DC.

I got there Saturday in the morning on a red eye with a layover in Minnesota. The rest of them had arrive a day or two earlier and already had a couple shows (including a sound tribe and shout out out out out concert) under their belts.

CRAP - Six more minutes!

I'll have to make this rapid fire.... we walked to a bar wearing matching v neck white shirts with crazy ties and accessories (total hipster band look). saw a band called Grandchildren. ran back in the pouring rain. had a dance party with J's friends that moved to the rooftop and ended up with everyone's clothes in a pile. The view of manhattan was completely uncluttered and matt's balls made a guest appearance - to the windows, to the walls....

Sunday morning rain was not falling and maroon 5 can get out of my head. I went to Chinatown to meet with Kevin, Tiff, Mai and Yumi. Then to Joe's Shanghai to eat soup dumpings and then off to the Brooklyn Bridge! Walking... something I don't get to do in LA too often.

6:58!!!!

Skip to Monday morning: Said goodbye to Matt and Joey, JJ left the day before. Went to Time Square, ate oysters at Grand Central with Jurawa, Naveen, Kevin and Tiff. Then walked to Central Park with Tiff from Grand Central.

Saw SEVEN different asian couples taking their wedding pictures in Central Park. The place was so beautiful - it was right after the rain and the weather was a nice 75. I maybe shed a tear.

AHH 7pm. ok.. next time the time alotted definitely needs to be longer. But I'm a man of my word. Wishful thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment